Wednesday, February 25, 2009

ROL, not LOL

Today is February 25. The day that rank order lists are due. (Yes that's ROL.)

The ordered list of where I would most like to drag my family off to for the next four years and complete the ritual that will turn me from awkward medical student to competent physician.

I've logged into the website many times and just looked at my list. And hoped that I have made the right decision.

For all those who were wondering, here is the list.

1. University of Iowa - Iowa City, IA
2. Oregon Health and Science University - Portland, OR
3. University of Colorado - Denver, CO
4. University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill, NC
5. University of Texas Health and Science - San Antonio, TX
6. Loma Linda University - Loma Linda, CA
7. Vanderbilt University - Nashville, TN

This list was a combination of my opinions of the programs, the feel I got when I was there, Keith's opinions of the dental schools, the cost of housing, and how much we felt our family would like and be able to afford living there.

Which is kind of funny. Since I had though previously that weather would play the biggest role.

No comments:

Post a Comment