Except for one thing: baby quilts.
I have now made each of my boys quilts.
Obviously, it started with Bug. At that time, since I couldn't make a nursery, I thought the least I could do was make him a quilt. I also figured that I would have approximately 20 weeks to do it, from the time I found out the gender until birth. That should be enough time, right?
Turns out, for me, it is just barely enough. All three quilts have now been finished during the last week of my pregnancy. But the whole point is that they are finished.
Well, basically finished. I planned on embroidering each child's name and date of birth on their quilt. So far, Bug's quilt has his name on it...
The quilts are small, meant to be for babies and go in the crib. But despite their small size, Bug and Monkey have both loved their quilts and still sleep with them now. This makes me very happy, because for a girl who doesn't sew much, these were truly a monumental labor of love.
Although, they probably didn't need to be quite to difficult. All three quilts I designed from scratch, coming up with my own pattern and color scheme. Just a third of the way through this last quilt for Duck, I though what a bad idea that was, that I really should have just used a pre-made kit.
But now that it is done, it feels worth the effort. Especially since I won't have to make any more.