Saturday, July 30, 2011

Nostalgia

When was the last time you put on your bathing suit and ran through the sprinkler in your back yard?


During this last week, with heat indexes soaring between 100-110s, that is exactly what we did.


All of us: Bug, Monkey, Hubster, and, yes, even me. We all dressed in our swim suits, and than ran, squealing and laughing through the icy cold sprays of the sprinkler. We didn't care what the neighbors thought. We didn't care how old we were supposed to be.



Afterward, we laid on our beach towels on the deck and dried off, our feet covered in dried grass clippings, laughing and eating popsicles.

This is how I remember summer as a child.

8 comments:

  1. Fun! L and I played tag in the sprinkler this summer. SO fun. I LOVE how they wear their goggles in the sprinkler. Boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I'd also forgot how long since I played tickle tag and tiger. What fun we all had this week! The goggles are a back yard surprise. Way to play. There can hardly be a neighbor who doesn't envy you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Without a doubt, that's one of my fondest childhood memories. I have done that so much with my own kids too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love this post so much! My girls LOVE to run through the sprinkler, even up here in AK. I don't usually join them, but I like to sit on a lawn chair and watch : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that they are wearing googles. Our neighbour created this really neat sprinkler for our guy. He loves getting soaked and soaking us, too.

    LisaDay

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, this is how I remember summer, too. Running through sprinklers and riding my bike and eating popsicles that melt before I can finish them... pure happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great thing to pass on to your kids!

    ReplyDelete