Saturday, October 4, 2008

Children's Museum

So the rain has come.

Although I would like to believe that this is just a temporary blip in the weather, the fact that it
is now October makes me think that I should really come to terms with reality.

Winter is coming.

Which begins the difficulty of finding afternoon and weekend activities for the boys when the weather is cold and wet.

Today was easy. We went to the Children's Museum. For my last birthday, Keith gave me one of the best presents: a membership to the children's museum. Now we can spend as much time there, as often as we want, without wincing at the ticket price each time.

I love the children's museum. (I still think that the best one I've been to so far is the one in Portland, OR. But the one here is great, especially compared to the old one in North Salt Lake.)
No one tells the boys to be quiet, not to run around, and there is no end of activities. It is always crowded, but there is still plenty to do.

First, of course, is the bee hive with the balls. It is usually hard to pull the boys away from this part. (Not that I blame them; I would stay there, feeding balls into the air chutes and watching them twist upwards forever, if the other kids would just let me.)











Playing with balls

Turn the wheel, watch the balls go...

Next, the place to dress up and pretend, and play in the water. Every time we play in the water, Roman wears a water apron, and there is NO convincing Blaise that he should (even though who needs one is reversed.)

Blaise feeding a bunny carrots


Roman rock climbing


Howdy, Mom


Building a ball maze.
It's hard to tell who is having more fun,
Roman or Keith?














Building with blocks and splashing in the water

It is such a magical place. What a great way to spend a rainy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment