Thursday, May 10, 2012

Change and Maintain

Things are changing 'round these parts.  Changing pretty quickly.

Spring has flown by.  All the new flowers, the quiet little violets and graceful lilies have wilted.




They have given way to the strong blooms of early summer.


The school year is almost over. Monkey will be done with kindergarten.  Bug will be done with fourth grade.

Our nanny will be leaving us.  I'm completely broken up about this.  She has become nearly a member of the family. I almost want to pull the boys out of their (much more affordable) after school program just so that the nanny can stick around.

My little sister is moving in with us. In just over a week actually. We still haven't cleaned out the extra bedroom for her.  That means packing up all my books. Although that is a small sacrifice to have my sister here to help out (and hopefully be helped out.)


Hubster is nearly done with his first year of dental school.  Obviously, he's gotten amazing grades in all his courses so far.  I never expected less.  Next year comes with more strenuous studies.

I'm just about to start my last year of residency.  I'm starting to act as a senior resident.  I'd say I was stressed about this, but then you'd have to ask, "What's new?"

Things are changing.


Just as fast as the trees shook off their frail blossoms and gave way to heavy loads of summer leaves.

Throughout this, my focus has been on maintaining.  Maintaining my sanity, our family dinners, story time, health.

Breath in.  Breath out.

Maintain.

Change.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like things are going well.. though fast. I love your photos, as always--I wish I had the talent (and fancy camera!) to capture such beauty. And I hope things work out well with your sister--that sounds like a good situation (thought I don't know the details) for everyone, I hope. Good luck with the next season of change!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are, as always, amazing. That fern picture, too, is amazing. Truely. Breathtaking.

    I'm sad to hear about the Nanny but excited for your sister's stay. I wish Boo could have moved in with us permanently. He was amazing for the kids and it was good for him too.

    Good luck to both of you in the coming year!

    Unrelated: Why is a LaForte proceedure one of your favorites? I'm more and more tempted to back out every day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. So much change. But it also sounds like some exciting times ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful capture of change. I never take the time I should to admire flowers in this way. You've made them seem really strong, not just pretty. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Courage. Once you get your new job lined up you'll be better able to see light at the end of the tunnel. You are doing a great job remembering to maintain the healthy. As always I love your pictures.

    ReplyDelete