Friday, May 25, 2012

Introduction

Over the last couple months, my blogging has really dropped off.  I don't want any of you to feel bad.  It was nothing personal.  You see, everything in my life has dropped off.  I've been exhausted, scatter-brained, worn-out, and honestly, not feeling well at all.

I haven't just been neglecting blogging, but the house work, studying, and anything that takes any extra energy.  But there is an incredibly good reason.

I'm very excited to introduce all of you to Duck. 


More formally known at Baby #3.

I'm currently 13 weeks, just starting my second trimester.  If everything goes according to plan, Duck should make his (or her) grand entrance to the world right around Thanksgiving.

It was a fairly long road, getting baby Duck here.  And judging by how bad the fatigue and morning sickness is, the road doesn't appear to be getting any smoother and shorter any time soon.

But even though I haven't gone a day without throwing up in 8 weeks, I'm very excited about this.  And I promise there will be many, many more stories, with all sorts of details that I'm sure you are all very curious about.  But later.  Probably around the time I stop going to bed at 7 pm.

14 comments:

  1. Katherine, this is SO exciting!! I know you've wanted this for a long time, and I am just so happy for you! I can give you all my tips on fighting morning sickness, if you want. I went from throwing up 8-10 times a day, down to maybe once (it's taken me a few pregnancies to "perfect" the technique, haha). Mine never goes away throughout the pregnancy, but hopefully yours will soon. Being so sick is so hard. Send me an email if you want to hear my methods. :)

    Anyway, seriously, I am just so excited for you. What wonderful news. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, congrats!!! I don't know how you manage it all on a good day! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katherine, I am so happy for you and the rest of your family! I'll bet your boys are soooo excited!!! Hopefully the morning sickness goes away soon now that you are in your second trimester. Congratulations, so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I hope you start feeling better soon and that you have a healthy pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATULATIONS!!! Praying for a healthy pregnancy and baby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations. I am so happy for you. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my SQUEEEE!! Yay! How exciting!! A big congratulations to you and your husband! Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I;m so happy for you! I know this new child will be loved by all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, congratulations to all of you. I love details.

    LisaDay

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh that is so super exciting! I'm so very happy for you! And also so jealous! But mostly happy. Here's wishing you a second trimester that is vastly better than the first!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! Wishing you all the best (including an end to the morning sickness).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Eeek! Okay, so I figured out something was going on because I caught a glimpse or two at some of the posts you've published after this one, but I wondered if I was reading them wrong or what.

    Congratulations, my friend! I'm so excited for you! I know you've been wanting a third baby for awhile now, and I'm so happy that it's happening!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh so happy. So hard. I wish you had time to rest when you are queezy. I would help and you already know it. But you are as always-- extra ordinary! Bless you and baby and all!!

    ReplyDelete