Wednesday, December 17, 2008

All I Want

As Christmas rapidly approaches (just 8 days left!), I've thought about what I would really want to open early Christmas morning.

My family always does a wonderful job, and Christmas is always magical. But today, I was thinking, "What if there wasn't a budget? What would I really want?"

So, here is my Christmas list, posted too late to make anyone feel guilty or obligated:

1. Digital SLR Camera: I've been reading reviews for months, and can't decided between the Canon EOS Rebel XS or the Nikon D60. I need to get into a shop and try them out and see which one feels better. While my digital point-and-shoot has been great, it is definitely time for an upgrade.

2. Whirlpool Duet washer and dryer (with storage stands): I know, appliances. Yes! It's not like there is anything wrong with our current washer and dryer. They work fine. But just look how pretty. And the thought of being able to stuff more clothes into a single load (all while using less water).

3. MacBook Air: I would like to say that I really, really, really need a laptop. And there are times that I do. Most of the time, it's just that I want one. So that I can blog at airports, check e-mail during incredibly boring days of radiology rotations, and Facebook during class. All noble causes. And it would also be nice to have to computers in the house. (And this one is so thin and pretty.)

4. Restoration Hardware Portman Sleigh Bed (in Espresso): After all these years, we still don't have a real bed. We've looked, of course, but haven't found anything that we really liked. Until now. This bed is gorgeous, with the dark wood, and shape of a sleigh bed, without being too curvy. And of course, it will be king-sized. The queen was fine, until the kids started sleeping with us, too.

5. Lasix: I'm sick of glasses and contacts, and all that. I'm done. Ready to actually see people when I wake up. That's all.

I think that I'm just going to stick with 5 dream items this year. So I don't look to greedy. Because I'm not really. It's just fun to dream.

1 comment:

  1. maybe too late... but at least I will bring it too our attention... U never know what we pull off!

    ReplyDelete