Thursday, December 11, 2008

Greener pastures... I mean, beaches

I just got home from another interview trip.

This time to Southern California, to interview at Arrowhead Regional Medical Center, Loma Linda, and San Diego.


Loma Linda isn't as close to the beach as I would like, but there are still palm trees.

Loma Linda: No beach, but still palm trees
(Oh, and smog.)

(Again, I am not discussing my opinion of programs here. At least, not yet.)


After interviewing at Loma Linda, I drove down to San Diego.


Everyone that knows me knows that San Diego is my favorite place in the world.


This is what San Diego looks like mid-December
Who doesn't love this?


At first, I didn't think I would have any time to go to the beach. I was upset, to think that I would travel all the way to San Diego and not make it to the beach. But my interview got over a little bit early, and I decided that I had plenty of time to go and get the best souvenir: a sunburn in December.

Pacific surf

The beach has lots of sea-weed on it
When I was little, we would look for brittle stars and shrimp
In the sea weed

I only lived at San Diego for maybe two years when I was little, but it always feels like home.
I was able to walk along the beach, pick up shells, play a little in the water, and enjoy the sand for over an hour before I headed to the airport. Which would bring me to the below freezing temperatures back home.

At least there is my darling family there. Home, best place of all. (Just wish home was a little closer to surfing.)

2 comments:

  1. Katherine, I heard that you might have a destination in mind.... I wish it might be something like this too, but what is it for you?

    BTW- I have finished my finals for the semester, so I can actually do this! I hope to flex my weakling blogger muscles a bit more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, I actually went to San Diego last December for free for work. It's so beautiful. I miss the beaches there too. My favorite was the La Jolla beach.
    If you need a cheap hotel let me know since I can sometimes get discounts.
    Emily

    ReplyDelete