Saturday, December 20, 2008

I'll be home for Christmas

Actually, I won't. I'll be in the great white North with Keith's family. But that's a different story.

I just got home from Nashville yesterday. Um, I mean, this morning. With the holiday traffic, the horrific weather, and some other mysterious factors, the last two times I was supposed to get in from a trip around 11 pm, my plane has landed around 1 am. Horrible. I'm tired of it. I wish that I was done with my interviews. (After all, I've done 8 interviews so far. And I have at least 6 left, and could have as many at 10; still not settled. And not the point of this post.)

I was interviewing at Vanderbilt University in Nashville. I'm keeping with my policy of not "publicly" sharing my opinions of programs until after my match list is in (around February.) So I'm mum about Vanderbilt.


But I really liked Nashville. Kind of hard not to when it was 70 degrees the day I was there. In December. Fab-u-lous! It's a "big" city, with a small town feel. And of course, music. (No, I didn't see anyone famous. But who knows: one of the five people I saw playing guitar in the Nashville airport might be famous someday.)


The campus of Vanderbilt was beautiful. (And no, these are none of these are my pictures.)


One of the main parks in Nashville has this parthenon. Kinda cool.


These are also a lot of churches in Nashville, some of them very beautiful.


But no matter now nice the place, or how beautiful, it is always nice to come back home.

1 comment:

  1. No wonder U like the place so much! What awesome photos!

    For me, the only thing I can give any justice in for my opinion is the scenery, so as you go about your other interviews, take some extra shots all the same. They are the only things besides the momories we will ever get to see from your travels!

    ReplyDelete