Part of not having enough time is that I am going to combine two posts here. It may make for the longest post ever, resulting in boredom half way through, but that's the way it's got to be.
I love looking back on all the photos I took over the last year, reminiscing about all the things we did, how much the boys have grown, all the places we went. I then choose a handful of pictures that are my favorite or best represent that year.
Also, it's time to reveal how I did on my Project 52 goals, a list of 52 things I wanted to accomplish in the 52 weeks of 2012. Granted, some of my goals were derailed by a certain little person, but it has absolutely been worth it.
So here we go: my accomplishments, randomly intermixed with my favorite pictures.
2. Get to know my neighbors. Umm...not really
3. Finally overcome my blogging insecurities, and submit posts for SITS. No. I'll do this next year. Maybe.
6. Get a rain barrel. Nope.
12. Break out the oil paints and put brush to canvas. Nope. But I painted a room.
14. Do the Couch-to-5K program. I started, but didn't finish, due to my pregnancy.
15. Make a bedtime and stick with it. We're getting better.
18. Do something special for turning 30. Well, I turned 30.
21. Introduce my boys to art. Umm...
24. Make bread. Ha, ha, ha.
26. Go ice skating. Nope.
27. Ride a train. Does the little train at the park count?
29. Learn to take a compliment. This is an ongoing issue.
34. Volunteer at the school. This didn't happen this year.
36. Get a better handle on our finances. Slightly better, but still not complete.
37. Write at least 10 blog posts a month. Ha. No.
40. Work on the boys (not so) baby books. No, but we did look at the one I started.
41. Print some of my pictures. Well, if my printer didn't suck so much...
43. Ride my bike to work at least 10 times. This was put to a halt due to pregnancy.
44. Visit family. How about have family come and visit?
46. Let go of the clothes that don't fit. Well, now I would have to let go of everything...
50. Sign the boys up for swimming lessons. I tried. Tennis lessons instead count, right?
51. Go camping three times. We went twice. That's good enough, right?
52. Get my passport. Again, no. But then I have no immediate plans for leaving the country.
That is 29 goals completely done, 3 things started or some what done, leaving 20 things I didn't do. And I had a baby! This actually may have been my most successful year (goal wise) so far. I look forward to carrying that momentum forward into the next year.