Saturday, November 7, 2009

New Trails

The leaves are pretty much gone (everywhere except out of our front yard.)

The weather has been pretty chilly.

But that hasn't stopped us from exploring new places. If the day is even remotely dry and the temperature tolerable, we are gone.

(Don't ask me what we are going to do when there is snow and below zero temperatures.)

We just found an amazing trail that goes through forests around the reservoir, complete with the huge gnarled oak trees I have fallen in love with. This trail loops down to look out over the lake.



And the loop is a perfect distance to be exercise for everyone, but still manageable for the boys.


One of the things I miss most about Utah is the fast flowing clear mountain streams that gurgle loudly. Here in Iowa, while not flat, the streams and rivers are slow, quiet, and murky. I was commenting to Keith how much I missed seeing water that I had no reservations about the boys playing in, about how much I missed those fast, sparkling streams. Then we turned a corner in the trail to come across a beautiful wood and steel bridge.


And under the bridge was a small, fast flowing clear stream, complete with two sets of small waterfalls.


I am definitely coming back here in the summer. In fact, I may not wait that long.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. That is right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad God is always just one step ahead of your secret desires! What a beautiful place! I'm so glad all of you were able to enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete