Sunday, May 22, 2011

Snippets

- I'm almost done with my cardiac rotation. The days cannot pass quickly enough.

-My beautiful new art cabinet now has knobs on its drawers. I'm not sure if you noticed the lack of knobs or not, but not being able to open the drawers has seriously helped keep everything organized.

- I have so many ideas for blog posts, but I've been having so much fun with, well, my life, that I haven't gotten around to posting them. But seriously, there are great posts in my blog's future.

-School is almost out. I could not be more excited! I have so many plans for this summer, I'm already making Hubster nervous.

-We went for our traditional Sunday afternoon at the library and ended up spending nearly 2 hours sitting in the "secure area," along with nearly 100 other people during a tornado warning. This was not what I had in mind for my weekend.

-We still don't have set-in-stone plans for childcare for when Hubster starts dental school. This is stressing me out.

-I've been on a dessert-cooking kick. The problem with cooking desserts, though, is that afterward, I want to eat them.

-We watched several episodes of How the Universe Works on the Science Channel with the boys. This was a huge mistake. I've had to field questions about how the world is going to end, and is a black hole going to eat us, and what will happen to us if there is a super nova. I just can't seem to provide enough reassurance that we will be fine.

-I just finished one of the worst books I've read in a long time. It's definitely time to read something else.

-The farmer market is open again!

-I've completely given up hope of catching up with my DVR. Sigh.

-I have vacation on Thursday and Friday, so this is a short week for me! (Which is just perfect, considering the celebrating I'll be doing later - more on that to come.) However, the universe seems set on keeping everything in balance, since I'm on call both Memorial Day and the following Saturday, turning what is normally a 4 day week into a 6 day week. Boo.

-Hopefully, my mind will be able to form more coherent thoughts in a few days.

5 comments:

  1. So what book did you read that you hated so much. I'm glad you have a four day week to spend with your boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's to enjoying life so much that you don't have time to blog or watch TV! I'd say you're doing everything right. Enjoy your long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Vacation! Arg. Sorry you have to work Memorial Day!. I see that Google like s to continue to erase my posts, so hope you get to read them before they edit again Miss You. Glad you have SPRING! and eek! on the tornado. Glad you had a safe place to wait out the storm. TTFN

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry about the tornado warning, but so glad it didn't hit you!

    My DVR keeps begging for attention, but I've been spending too much time either with Netflix or actually...getting out of the house....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have that same problem with desserts. I LOVE making them and having people try them and say how delicious they are, but when I have them around, I want to eat, eat, eat, and that's how I ended up gaining 10 pounds that I'm now trying to lose!

    ReplyDelete