Tuesday, January 5, 2010

By any other name

I thought January would be a good time to start something new.

Like this blog. A combination of my former family blog and personal blog.

I didn't really expect January to also find me in the middle of a new exercise routine, two weeks away from licensing exams (the "Boards"), and a new family schedule.

So posts may be a little scarce while I study my three hours daily to ensure I don't have to fork out another small fortune to take the boards again.

But I wanted to welcome you to my new internet home.

The Katherine Wheel.

The look of this blog is in no way final. It is after all just a standard Blogger template. Right at this minute, other priorities exist than spending time with backgrounds, and layouts, and widgets. All that will come. Expect this blog to look a little different every time you visit it. At least of the first month or so while I tweak everything until it is just perfect.

And if you know any great websites for blog designs or any awesome (extremely affordable) blog designers, please let me know.

Why "The Katherine Wheel"?

I thought about a lot of other names. Dozens and dozens of other names. I would say them out loud while driving to work. (Obviously, I put too much thought into this.) Many of them were plays on anesthesia, or references to my three boys, or to babies, or to Iowa, or to medicine in general.

But I don't know what my life holds. If we've learned anything over the last decade, it is that life is unpredictable.

There may be a time when my life included a little girl in addition to my three gentlemen. My life may not always include Iowa, or babies, or even medicine.

The only thing that I can guarantee is that I will always be Katherine.

So, welcome.

6 comments:

  1. I'm excited about your new "digs!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you!

    And I think your blog title is perfect.

    Oh, and I wholeheartedly recommend my blog designer. She was super quick, great to work with, and her prices were lower than pretty much anyone else I checked out. www.blogdesignsbysusan.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to seeing what you have instore for this blog. I love reading what you write!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the new blog. The Katherine Wheel sounds perfect!

    I don't have many regrets in life, but one of the biggest is naming my blog "The Mommy Machine." Good grief, what was I thinking . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been thinking about giving my blog a makeover for a while now but I haven't because I am a slacker.... kinda like how it took me forever to find your blog. Looking forward to watching the changes!

    And I do like the name.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the title of your blog. It's unique and it can have different meanings

    ReplyDelete