Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Tooting My Own Horn

Who passed boards*?

I did.

I would tell you my score, but then I would just be bragging. But it was really good. Not as good as my Step 1 and Step 2 scores. But that's expected. I studied 4-6 hours a day from March until June for Step 1. I studied 8-10 hours a day for 4 weeks for Step 2. I studied 2-3 hours a day for 15 days for Step 3. The scores correlate as such. Who cares? I studied for 2 weeks and did fine.

Who did a happy dance when they found out they passed?

I did.

Who is forcing her family to go out and celebrate with her?

I am.

Who can cross one thing off her to-do list?

I can.

Who should call her mother so she can find out in person instead of reading it here?

I should.


*"Boards" is the term used to refer to the steps of the United States Medical Licensing Exams. There are four steps or parts. Step 1 and Step 2 are taken during medical school. Step 3 is traditionally taken during intern year. The next test I have to take is at the end of residency. That is where the term "board certified" comes from.

13 comments:

  1. Already said it on Facebook but Congrats. I am very happy for your right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job! There are so many who are proud of you!!! You have every right to "toot your own horn". You've worked hard and deserve to celebrate:) Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, that is such an accomplishment. You should indeed be tooting your own horn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew you'd pass!

    Congratulations!! I hope you did some good celebrating tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. toot away my friend you've earned it. have a margarita or three.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! Good for you, Katherine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that shit is hard! Congratulations to you!

    Man, if I did something that cool I'd introduce myself that way.

    "Nice to meet you. I'm from Indiana and I passed my boards and I like Sno-Cones."

    See? Fits right in!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! What a load off your mind! Just in time for Valentine's . . . now go celebrate! Congratulations : D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! You must be so happy, relieved, excited, proud.....what else? Have a great celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAYYYYY!!!! As always you tremble, loose your appetite, writhe in 24 hour-a-day agony, jump up running before your feet hit the floor, and convince yourself you have failed out-right, maybe so you'll have the will to study hard against great odds, and you did it....again!!!! By now we are very convinced you will do your best, no matter what your scores.
    Sending a blizzard of happy thoughts your way (every snow flake counts!) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome! Go Katherine! :) Hope you had fun celebrating!

    ReplyDelete