Friday, February 26, 2010

Check

Whew. February's almost over. Which is a good thing, because I don't think anyone can take any more of me cursing rodents or crying over Tide commercials. It's amazing how long the shortest month can feel.

I need to thank all of you. First for all your congratulations about my "accomplishment" earlier this month. And second, for being patient with my rants and raves. I try to hold it together, but occasionally I lose my grip and choose the blogosphere to do so. For which my family is grateful.

Since we're at the end of another month, and because it's Friday, it's time to reassess my 2010 to-do list.

I'm actually pretty proud of myself this month. Not only did I only cry at work once this month, but I did a good job checking things off my to-do list.

My 2010 To-Do List: February Version

-Lose 5 pounds by May 1st, then another 5 pounds by September 1st.
I haven't had the time to work out as much this month. I'm exercising approximately 3 times a week, instead of 6. I'm approximately down 3 1/2 pounds from the beginning of the year, so I only have 1 1/2 to lose by May 1st. You think it would be easy, but it's not. I'm convinced I have the slowest metabolism on earth. I think about ice cream and I gain weight.

-Be able to touch my toes.
Getting closer.

-Get my passport.
Nope. But nothing like frigid wind and endless winter to make a person motivated to hit a tropical island.

-Date night with Hubster once a month.
I'm really proud of this one. I actually found a baby-sitter and Hubster and I went out to a movie. With only 6 hours notice. It was amazing. We felt all grown up having a baby-sitter at our house with our boys while we enjoyed movie popcorn and Avatar. Which I love, by the way. So date night in February? Check.

-Pass the boards the first time.
Check! Oh, that feels good!

-Use my crock pot (at least) once a month. 2/12
February: A whole chicken with red potatoes and carrots. The vegetables were fantastic. The chicken, so-so. But check for using the crock pot this month.

-Finish moving in.
I did nothing in this category. Although I did look at a small file cabinet in the garage and think that it should probably be in the office instead.

-Finish moving into this blog.
Still a work in progress. I mentioned that I was going to give myself a blog make-over for my birthday, and Hubster stared at me like I had mentioned financially supporting my own roller derby league.

Over all, despite the cold, despite the demanding job, February was a successful month. Mostly because we all survived it.

5 comments:

  1. You are doing great!! Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like February was a good month for you, after all!

    And congratulations on surviving through internal medicine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job on the To Do List! You are doing better than me. I just had pudding and two slabs of cheese for lunch and tomorrow I will cluelessly be wondering why the scale is not budging. Thanks for stopping by my blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did it! Internal Medicine is actually behind you! You and Keith have independently navigated one of the hardest courses to sail in your lives. You are to be congratulated in every way!! Not only did you do this, you did it with grace: You reached out to others, you made a difference, you kept a soft teachable heart and you took the path that answered to conscience! You shine. Thank you.
    Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you're moving right through your check-list. Congrats on the boards and the weight loss.

    ReplyDelete