Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Easter Tree

Easter is this weekend.

We've dyed Easter eggs.

Which means it's the time of year for the Easter tree.


I'm not exactly sure when we started this tradition. But it had to do with wanting to paint and decorate eggs, but then not wanting to hide the fragile, beautiful works of art.


I'm pretty sure the tradition did not stem from still having our Christmas tree up at Easter and decorating it with eggs as an excuse to not take it down. But I can't be sure.

Last year, our Easter tree was beautiful.

This year, it's a little...well, scraggly.


And I have no idea if the branches we chose will actually have flowers like last year. With my luck, there will either be no flowers, or ones that smell like the door mat.

It does make me smile every time I walk in the kitchen, so it is my photo for the Happiness Project.


Be sure to check out Leigh at Leigh vs. Laundry, the maker of the the Happiness Project. You'll be glad you did.
Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. I think it's lovely.

    What a fun tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Easter Tree! You found time to dye eggs? And you wonder about being a good mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That tree is really cool. What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable, I love all things sparkly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous project! Your eggs are works of art, and looking at the pictures of your Easter tree really makes me happy. How did you attach the eggs to the ribbons?

    ReplyDelete
  6. your easter tree is DARLING and it makes me smile too!

    i followed you from SITS...just out blog jogging soaking up the bloggy goodness and leaving a little comment love along the way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so cute. I love it and need to start that tradition with my minis. It makes me smile too. Happy almost Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such a great tradition! And your eggs look beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All things bright and beautiful..Thank you for being the "Happiness project" for all of us. This is my week not to ask for anything, instead to say thank you. It's harder than I hoped but very, very happy! Thank you for the wide swath of sunshine you spread through the days of those who touch your world. I hope it all comes flooding back to you, grown a hundred times larger, when you need it most. Happy Easter to the faces that smile around your table. Happy Easter to the mommy who loves them so gloriously. Happy Easter to the future of all things wonderful!

    ReplyDelete