Tuesday, January 25, 2011

10 Pin Delight

I hope that you can all be patient with me while I work nights. It's a very strange sensation to be on a schedule completely reversed from everyone else's. Sleeping during the day, working all night. It takes some getting used to and it doesn't leave me with a whole lot of normal time.

Anyways...

This week, happiness is...


Re-discovering how much fun bowling is.


It's one of those things we hardly ever do, but when we do, we always think that we should do it more often.

I bet you had no idea how many different ways there are to bowl (the granny and the shot-put being go-to styles of the night.)




Or how many different ways there are to watch the ball as it courses (or moseys) down the lane...




I must say, we're quite terrible bowlers. We're lucky to break 100.

But there were a lot of high fives, celebration dances, and laughing. Which was better than any amount of spares and strikes.

Photobucket

Go visit Leigh at Leigh vs Laundry for The Happiness Project, and post a photo of something that makes you happy!

13 comments:

  1. Ha! Those are so cute...I think watching the ball roll down at that angle may help!
    Visiting thru the Happiness Project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures! What a great thing to do: bowling, laughing and taking in the view! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun! Bowling is a great family activity. I hope you find time to do it more often. And good luck with the night shift. I can imagine it would be a difficult adjustment. Hopefully it will be short lived.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a terrible bowler myself.

    Your photos are great! Love the colors.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My sister (a NICU nurse) liked working nights because the babies slept and the parents weren't bugging the staff with "advice". lol!

    I love watching kids! They're not afraid of being embarrassed by their actions. I wish some adults were like that. It makes laughing at them easier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so fun! I know we definitely should go bowling more often. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! It's a good work out too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol, those pictures of watching the ball go down the lane are adorable! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love bowling, and I'm definitely not a pro either. Your kids are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The last time we went bowling we let the girls use the ramp. Hannah would set the ball on it, back up and run with her hands out in front of her so she could knock the ball down with more force. It was awesome. We live right next to a bowling ally and we have never been to it. I am a terrible bowler!! I should take my girls more so they don't turn out like me.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. All that matters is that you had fun! My stepdaughter LOVES bowling and it's not nearly as exhausting as roller skating or climbing rock walls, so we do it often!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nights are awful. Take care of you.

    I love that he is sitting on his head. Too funny.

    LisaDay

    ReplyDelete