Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Another Reminder and A Plan

As if I need another reminder about how quickly time passes.


Notching off their height on the door frame a couple of times a year, I am brutally confronted by change and growth.

I keep going back and checking, did they really grow that much since last time. Where did those inches come from and where has the time gone?

When my boys were first born, I bought a journal for each of them. Initially, I had planned to write a least once a week, documenting their little phrases, their milestones, the memories. But, par for the course, our lives became busier and more hectic, and only a few pages were filled. Shamefully, I'll admit, that writing in that journal became just another thing that needed to be done, and it wasn't.

I've decided to change that initial poor attempt at journaling to here. Because time is flying by.


Once a month, I will write a letter to my boys. I will document, remember, and celebrate. I will be honest and nostalgic. I will do my best to not let the time continue to slip by so quickly.

8 comments:

  1. Time really does slip through your fingers - especially when you are looking back. It's hard for me to believe that my oldest is in college now! How the heck did that happen? I love the idea of a once a month letter to your boys. That would be a great Project 52 item! Just saying...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We always intended to do the hash marks on th wall... bad on us, we couldn't ever find a spot in our house that we felt was "right" for the measuring. The spots that seemed good will be undergoing repairs in the next year or so and the hash marks would be lost. So we just never started...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I attempted to put up a growth chart but I like the wall idea better. Perhaps in his room will work. I write down milestones and such in my personal journal.

    LisaDay

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should totally do this. But I know I won't. Kudos to you though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They do grow up way too fast. What a wonderful way to keep a record of how much they change.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that idea! I am doing that right now for my (hopefully) soon-to-be adoptive daughter! I hope to do that even after she comes home.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and helping to make my SITS day a wonderful one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brings we way back to other bedroom walls! How fast it all goes. How they've already grown since I last hugged them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hee! We have the exact same kind of wall with the kids' measurements written on it!

    I was so good about keeping baby books for my first 2 daughters. The twins? Forgeddaboutit.

    ReplyDelete