Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Problem with Being Cheap...

Recently, I decided that I couldn't afford to keep buying books at the same rate I was reading them.

(You know, with times being what they are, we all have to cut back.)

So, I went somewhere I haven't been since I first got married: The library.

And at first, it was great. I checked out six books, and it didn't cost me a penny. I nearly skipped out to my car with my armload of $100+ worth of books.

I was able to finish Le Guin's series.

I started the Inheritance cycle.

And that's where the joy ended. I was able to get the first two Paolini books without any trouble. But the third book. Well, that's another story. The book just came out a few months ago, and there is not a single library in the valley that currently has it on its shelves. I reserved it, only to be told "Your queue number was 659."

I think it is going to be a while before I get that book. At least the free way. The book is only $14.86 at Costco (Hardcover!). It is very tempting. Especially since I can't really read anything else while I'm mid-series with other books. And since I can't really write a great post about the books until I've read the entire series.

Needless to say, this is a dilemma.

Maybe I'll re-read Twilight, waiting for the other 659 people to hopefully quickly read Brisingr.

No comments:

Post a Comment