Friday, April 2, 2010

Status Update

I'm so grateful that Karen and Jennee have their weekly "Let's Face It Friday," because without it, I would have made my list of New Year's Resolutions, posted them, and then promptly forgotten about them. Or at least ignored them and any associated feelings of guilt from the abandonment.

But this way, I'm motivated to go back, look at my list, and see how I'm doing. And remind myself of the things I've forgotten.

I don't do this weekly, as both Karen and Jennee do. But I think that monthly is a good compromise. I do try to do this on the last Friday of each week, but somehow, last Friday got away from me.

So here's the status update...

My 2010 To-Do List: March (ish) Version

-Lose 5 pounds by May 1st, then another 5 pounds by September 1st.
I was making good progress with this goal. But I haven't weighed myself in almost two weeks. So I'm not exactly sure. And I'm not going to go weigh myself right now, on account of the pizza I just enjoyed. The good news? My pants aren't any tighter.

-Be able to touch my toes.
I can totally touch my toes now. Yep. I just stood up and checked. I can do it. With my knees straight and without bouncing. I can't stay down that long. But I'm sure it will get easier.

-Get my passport.
Still haven't done this one. Actually haven't thought that much about it.

-Date night with Hubster once a month. 2/12
January: Nope. February: Yes! And March...yes. This one was hard. We had decided to go out for my birthday. But because it was my birthday, I was in the mood to spend it with all of my boys. But then I thought about how little we go out as a couple, and how we do need that time. So we found a baby-sitter and went out as a couple. Without the kids. It's actually refreshing to go to a restaurant without someone climbing under the table.

-Pass the boards the first time.
Check!

-Use my crock pot (at least) once a month. 3/12
January: Barbecue chicken.
February: A whole chicken with red potatoes and carrots.
March: Blackberry-balsamic marinaded chicken.
Noticing a trend here? I am using it each month. But now I need to set another goal to cook something other than chicken.

-Finish moving in.
I did take two boxes out of the garage and emptied them. I hung some artwork up. We're moving in the right direction.

-Finish moving into this blog.
I like to think that I'm moved it. But then I see my extremely boring header, and I realize I do need to dress the place up some.

The nice thing about having goals that you have to continue to work at is that it becomes easier with time. I'm not so nervous about trying to find a babysitter. I have found my crock-pot cookbook. Exercise has been come (almost) part of the routine.

And I get to brag about how well I'm doing each month.

4 comments:

  1. ohh the crockpot meal for March sounds tasty! And kudos to you for touching your toes...I'm still working on that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great way to stay in check i love it! I totally understand the date night one....we try so hard and you would think once a month would be easy but nope we are slackers lol. thanks for visiting me on my sits day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katherine, thank you so much! It means a lot to know that you are enjoying this whole goal thing.

    Sounds like you are doing great! And, yeah, I'm going to need that Blackberry-basalmic chicken recipe.

    Oh, and congrats on touching your toes! I hope to be there soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea! You've checked off over half and the year is still a hatchling. There is such a feeling of accomplishment when a goal is reached and you can smile at the growing pile of successes! Thank you for sharing! It feels great to be able to see, Yes, it is happening. By sharing your private landmarks, you have invited a cheering section.
    Maybe I should become re-acquainted with my feet (though the crock pot recipes make me re-consider.)
    Big mile marker on celebrating couple time! Yea! Go!

    ReplyDelete